The Wilkes Law Group is among the leading and most successful property tax appeal law firms in New York State. The largest and most sophisticated corporate owners, developers, property managers, and tenants entrust the Wilkes Law Group with all their property tax-related needs.
We have collected hundreds of millions of dollars in refunds for our clients as a result of excessive and sometimes illegal government valuations through “tax certiorari” proceedings in the New York State Courts and through informal negotiations with local officials. We have also obtained complete tax relief for selected clients by restoring tax exemptions that were wrongly denied by the government.
We only charge a legal fee when we reach a successful outcome.
The Wilkes Law Group has extensive experience in both the negotiation and trial phases of local tax matters involving a wide range of highly complex valuation and legal issues for virtually every property type imaginable, including:
- Office & medical space complexes;
- National franchise lodging and hospitality properties;
- Commercial construction sites;
- Retail strip malls;
- Regional and super malls;
- Multi-family rental, condominium and cooperatives;
- Assisted living facilities;
- Power generation and utility properties;
- Resorts, golf courses, and country clubs;
- Super fund and other contaminated properties.